Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekly Rides and Politics

I Got in a quick spin at Manchester yesterday before the rain. I noticed the Drunken Monkey needs some love. A new bottom bracket is on the docket for sure.

Apparently my intentions of having a night ride at Dupont on Wednesday night raised some concerns. Concerns about Pisgah Area SORBA and the fact that I scheduled a ride on the night they are meeting. OOPS!

Apparently some feel as though I should be attending the meeting instead of riding. I will be riding.

I will however go ahead and give a "heads up" on what is happening. PAS has not been around for too long. SORBA has, just not the Pisgah chapter. Last year I gave a donation to the Greenville Spinners with the hope that they would help promote trails and mountain biking in the upstate. This did not happen.

So this year I will be investing my money into PAS. How much time and volunteer hours I will be able to put in is still up in the air. So if you spend a decent amount of your ride time in areas where PAS or SORBA help maintain trails think about joining up.

Just in case you have a problem finding the "application" link on the website. Here you go. Tinsley Web Solutions did not make the "application" link very apparent. This seems like a problem to me but what do I know.

Thoughts of the upcoming "race" season fill my head. I still am not sure what bike I will be riding this year. I am having a hard time resolving that in my head.

I already know that I will be "racing" on the Drunken Monkey for the Icycle. I had thoughts of putting on a bigger gear for this race. However, after this weekends expiriments, I will be sticking to what I know.

That's about it for now. Ride tomorrow at Paris and Wednesday at Dupont.

No comments: