Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It’s Not All Fun and Games

As our fitness progresses into something that actually resembles the word “fit” we must remember that many times races have a deeper meaning. I especially enjoy races that benefit a good cause. The Pisgah Mountain Bike Adventure Race is just that. It benefits the Asheville Humane Society and you don’t have to be a racer to help support.

Eric is hosting a raffle and some awesome folks have donated items for the raffle. Here is a short list:

White Brothers Rock Solid Carbon 29er fork...
Waltworks steel 29er fork...
F&R Hayes mechanical disc brakes...
DeFeet Socks...
Tifosi glasses...
and much much much more!

All the proceeds will go to the Humane Society to help little poopers. Well I guess some of the big ones might be helped too. So if you are going to the race, bring some dollar bills for the raffle. If you are not going to the raffle consider visiting the thread on MTBR and help out.

Oh yah, and if you are going to the PMBAR and you haven’t paid your half of the monies to your partner yet, you owe three beers interest at this point in time. I really am one of the funniest people I know.

The rain is rolling in today. I think Mother Nature is telling us to go to our local advocacy meetings instead of riding. So do it.

BrouSSard and I got in a good spin at Paris last night. The weather is mighty fine these days. I am in no hurry to see the weather warm up. That just means I have to carry extra water for my sweaty butt.

It was determined that the Drunken Monkey needs some spa time. I am thinking laser removal of all hair, mud pack, frontirecure and reartirecure. Maybe even some liposuction.

Peace

3 comments:

jpelton said...

You are funny. I will throw in an additional 3 to make it an even 6 pack. What flavor?

ExtrmTao said...

JP,

I am a begger, not a chooser. As long as they are available after Sunday's ride 8-)

Toby Porter said...

Leroy, is the PMBAR sold out?