Thursday, April 26, 2007

Beat Down

Last night completed my second week in a row riding Saturday through Wednesday. On Tuesday at The Queen I felt awesome. Last night, I felt like a big pile of crap. It is what I wanted to prepare for the PMBAR next week. I wanted to break myself down before the event one more time but I wanted it to be earlier than this weekend. I accomplished that full stride.

Last night we had Jared, Jeremy, Wooglin, BrouSSard, Blair and myself all show up for our weekly ride at Dupont.

We started off on a short loop because we thought D-Kuntz should be showing up. As we rolled down the first descent Jeremy pulled over with a flat. I hit my brake to slow down and heard pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, I pulled over with a flat too.

I am going to have to have a free tube stand set up in my car from now on because I have borrowed so many the past few days. Luckily I am surrounded by friends who carry tubes for me personally.

I knew we were close to the car so I pumped the rear tire back up to about 17 PSI and twinkle toed down to the car for some floor pump action.

No D-Kuntz so we rolled on. The rest of the ride was fast downs, slow ups (for me) and great single track. After coming down Jim Branch Blair (who was a Dupont virgin up until last night) declared “It doesn’t get any better than that.” I’d have to agree.

No pictures as I was too tired to even worry about the camera today.

There is crazy news on the horizon for the PMBAR. There is a chance that I could have a unique situation and I can’t wait! I can’t disclose the details until they are final.

Oh yah, if you are doing the PMBAR or just want some general entertainment. Check out Brado’s smack talking thread. It had me laughing hard!

RIDE YOU BICYCLE!

1 comment:

Toby Porter said...

Good Luck this weekend. Put that map in a secure place and hold onto Joe's shirt tail.