Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Never Said I Could Walk

Crossing Little River on Corn Mill Shoals last night, I was using the sock technique when the next thing I knew I was sitting on my butt on the river with one of my water bottles headed down the river. Thanks to David Cook, my water bottle was saved. No cameras were harmed.
Our route:

Reasonover -> Lake Julia Road -> Camp Summit Road -> Airstrip -> Mine Mountain -> Laurel Ridge -> Shoals -> Corn Mill Shoals -> Little River -> Cedar Rock -> Big Rock -> Longside -> Twixt -> Rock Quarry Road -> Buckhorn Creek Road -> Cannon Creek Trail (out and back) Buckhorn Creek Road -> Buck Ridge Road -> Micajah -> Wilikie -> Corn Mill Shoals -> Shoals -> Mine Mountain -> Airstrip -> Fawn Lake Loop
An amazing trailside mechanical fix was done by Parker last night. He snapped his derailleur hanger in half, had a spare and fixed it in a minimal amount of time.


We ripped pretty good, had some good weather and swam in the lake. I might have turned the pedals over a little harder than I wanted to a few days before I take on the Fool’s but I am not about “saving myself” for a race. I would consider myself more of a “promotional helper” than actually a racer.


Coming out of Cannon Creek trail, I was tired and didn’t complete a dance move with a tree; I hip checked it pretty good. If I would have actually been dancing, my partner would have ended up dazed and confused on the floor.





No comments: