Thursday, June 28, 2007

Shenandoah Training

This week has been just like the SM-100. Well, just like it if you figure that I have gotten up anywhere from 3:30am – 5:00am in the morning and I didn’t ride 100 miles. In fact I have ridden a total of 3 miles this week. Man I am tired.

One of the hardest parts of races for me is getting up early and having the stomach to eat. This is especially so for the SM-100 because you have to be up at the butt crack of dawn since the race starts at “first light.”

On my eighth lap at the Cowbell as I rounded out the last two miles of my 80 mile journey I had this thought “I am not doing in more races this year. Ahhhhhhhhh what the hell am I talking about, I am delirious right now, I can’t make any decisions now. I must wait until the morning and make a decision.”

So I did make some decisions the next morning. Number one is that the SM-100 haunts my thoughts like a dream that you can’t wake up from and even when you do wake up, you feel as though you had never gone to sleep.

Therefore, I have decided not to race the Fool’s Gold 100. In fact I am not even going to race the 50 mile version of the race. Well poop on me right? Not exactly, Kristin and I have decided to both be volunteers so we can still be a part of the festival and get our money back. You can’t really beat that deal. Plus I still plan on riding some of Georgia’s finest single track, just not in a race fashion.

I have also heard many good things about the trails at Hanna Beach in Jacksonville FL. So I will definitely be going to do the 5K trail run on Saturday July 28th and the Tri on the 29th. Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together? Me too!

SORBA meeting went well last night. Thanks to everyone who came out! We took away some action items and we will hopefully have our P'S and Q's lined up for the Board of Directors meeting in August.

Two meetings in July so we can make this happen. The first meeting is July 10th at 6:00 in Paris Mountain State Park.

Ride at Dupont this Sunday:

9:00 at Fawn Lake
Bring your floaties and swimmies!

No comments: