Friday, June 01, 2007

National Trails Day

June 2nd is National Trails Day, what does that mean for you? It is time for you to be an advocate of your sport and go out for some trail work. Some of the future US SORBA members will be headed to Bent Creek at 9:00 for a work day on Wolf Branch. So wherever you are, get out and support your local trails and clubs.

8:45 @ Rice Pinnacle Parking lot in Bent Creek
Bring gloves water and any food you will need.

I made the tarmac climb to the top of Paris yesterday. My legs were burning but it was great to get out. I really wanted to take a picture and point out my house from the top but alas it was too hazy and the pictures reflect that.

When I arrived at the top of the mountain I saw three HIGH school girls chilling at the top. I must have looked very authoritative because they took one look at me and got in their car and left.

I sat down to drink a Big Hoppy Monster that I had brought up in my camel bak bladder and I saw two state workers come out from the facillities up there. I figured they had somebody up there every now and then but this was the first time I have seen them.

It took me around an hour and a half to get to the top of Paris from my house. It only took me 35 minutes to get from the top back to my house. Wow, I had never timed it before, so now I know.

Click here for Friday's not quite moment of Zen.

No comments: