Friday, June 29, 2007

My First Day Back

My first day of not being a sloth this week was painful. I have a long way to go before I am ready to be a tri-athlete. I went out for my normal run and I thought I was going to die all the way around the loop. A combination of things has led to my demise and now I have to step it up a notch.

I didn’t smile very big last night when I realized my washer was still broken. Then this morning about 4:30am I woke up to my next door neighbor beating on the wall so hard I almost dove off of the bed in the “ready position.” I figured they were doing something Hunter S. Thompson would be proud of.

My own personal moment of Zen:

So this morning I get going on my usual pre-work routine. I walk out of my door into the common area between the upstairs apartments and I notice the laundry room light is on and wonder if I left it on. As I am locking the door, I think about how much I hate my landlord and that washing machine when I heard a women’s voice. Again I was in the ready position wondering if someone had snuck in.

I looked inside the laundry room as the door was open and there was a girl sitting in there with nothing but a blanket on. I can’t imagine what she thought when she saw me but I can imagine that the surprised look on my face could only be rivaled by Yoda. Mmmmmmmmm a girl in my laundry room, she sits. So I guess that would be the “laundry room of shame?”

No comments: