Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Faith

Andrew and I hit up Paris last night on an act of faith. The radar showed green and yellow blobs all about but as I have said before, if you are scared of thunderstorms, you aren’t going to be biking in the summer. The storms are so spotty so far this year that there is no telling where and when it is going to rain.

Just like last week’s two adventures, we were able to miss the rain and get a nice dirt loop in. We rode Mountain Creek to the top, took the FireTower Loop and then came back down Mountain Creek. It was a great test of the new tubeless set up and they were flawless.

It is turning into one of those weeks. Yesterday I got up at 5:30 and made the drive from Columbia to Greenville, worked and then went on a ride. Today I have to pack everything I need for a wedding in Charleston on Friday and the Cowbell on Saturday. Tomorrow I will drive from Greenville to Columbia where I will meet up with Kristin so we can drive to Charleston and get ready for the wedding.

Hopefully on Friday I can lie on the beach while getting fat and just focus on beach things and not race things. Friday night we will be driving back to Columbia so that we are only an hour and a half from the race venue. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew, luckily we are staying in downtown Charlotte after the race because I am going to be beat.

No comments: