Wednesday, May 02, 2007

He's Back

Last night Andrew emailed me up for our first mountian bike ride since his knee surgery. It has been over 5 months since I had seen Andrew on a bike. It is always nice to see people coming back.

So when I got the email that said him and Ty were going to be urban assaulting and having beers from the keg afterwards, what could I say? The intelligent thing to do was to go ride and drink beer.
I rolled from my house and made the short couple miles over to Andrew's. When I arrived I was greeted by this:
Here is Andrew standing with his Bontrager single speed. He is dying to ride it as he has a new Walt Works fork on it. It will be a bit before he can SS again. There is quite a bit of single track in the downtown area around Greenville. Here is Ty rolling through some of it:

I had a really good time rolling through the town last night. Afterwards we had Terrapins from Andrew's keg and he cooked up some pasta. How can you beat that? I went back out to my bike after eating and guess what? That's right a thorn flat. I changed it and rolled home.
You know that we always say to just have a good time in the woods right? Well after hitting up a small downhill around town we saw some kids doing just that. If you don't have a bike, ride whatever you can get your hands on.

No comments: