Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rest Days

In the beginning of the season I always hate the days directly before a race because I can't go out and really ride my bike hard. This week is a little different story since I have been riding my single speed a lot. I look forward to the days this week that I can just bum around and not worry about how many miles I am putting in. If I don't have it by now, I am not going to have it.

Its not as though I can really bum around anyway. I have quite a few things to do still to be ready for the race, more or less vacation. That's right folks vacation! The longest vacation of my professional career to date. I am not excited yet, due to all the things I have yet to do. I am headed to Dick's today to purchase a new mouth piece valve for my camel bak. The way it stands today I either blow my water back into the bladder or ride down the trail with my valve leaking water all over my leg. I have to stock inventory of 26" tubes, cliff shot bloks and the ever important chamois cream.

Keith Bontrager did a really good article on "home remedies" for endurance cyclists. I learned the hard way this season how much "butter" to use for a race. He shows us that too much isn't really an option. That's enough about that.

I am still anxiously awaiting my bike. Yes I am very nervous about this and so I shall say no more. I leave it to the bike shop gods.

Ride!

No comments: