Monday, May 24, 2010

Finally, A Win

No, not in a race, that might never happen again. However, the fundraising ride I was organizing for obtaining funds to create a Flow Park in Gateway Park went off without a hitch.

I have to admit that a small wave of depression hit when I got to Sunrift and it started raining. I was thinking to myself “not again” as last time it rained and therefore our main mission to raise money was befuddled.

This time was different though and we had great success with raising enough money to say we are 1/5 of the way to our goal.
Two rides were led out of Guion farms with some helpful volunteers leading an intermediate ride and myself leading a 28 mile ride that touched the three main lots in Dupont. A big thanks to everyone who helped make it possible. (Pictures are courtesy of Paul Mayni and John "I don't know your last name)

No comments: