Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rainbow Falls

The family went for a quick four mile hike yesterday. It felt good to shake out the legs but I definitely feel some sore spots from Saturday.

You can see me in the left hand side of the falls for scale.

We were headed to check out the newly fashioned Rainbow Falls trail at Jones Gap. The volunteers and contractors did an excellent job with this trail. It is quite steep and huff puffing on the way up but what a sweet reward. This is the best falls I have seen in the park. Look out for this trail to be super busy on the summer weekends as it is highly accessible from the main lot.

An interesting note, Shade was running back and forth between Kristin and I and somehow came out of the woods with what is in the last picture. I heard Kristin yell “Shade has a stick for you” when I turned around he dropped it about four feet from me and I was slightly shocked at first. We never saw the rest of the carcass.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures, good blog!

Anonymous said...

damn Shade must've been hungry huh?

brado