Monday, February 08, 2010

The Next Ice Age?

Jones Gap on Saturday, surprisingly, there was quite a bit of snow left over from our most recent storm. Hard fast hiking including a lot of snow running as it was the perfect moisture level for helping you stick to the trail.

Sunday morning, I found myself riding up Paris at 8:30 in the morning. I was able to get in and out for a good ride without hitting all the crowds. I happened upon one hiker while I was descending Pipsissewa. My bike was being extremely quiet and the young lady and her canine companion had not noticed me. This scenario happens a lot to me so I knew I would frighten her when I said hello as she was obviously enjoying the woods. Complacently I said “Good Morning” she reeled around along with the dog doing a jumping 180 degree turn and proclaimed that I had in fact scared her. I apologized and moved along. I believe Ninja’s were single speeders with cantilever brakes.




Clay negotiates a technical trail feature.




A properly trained dog awaits a treat.


Duma loves to try and fly, I don't know if he will ever get all four feet off the ground with that wingspan.

No comments: